Come along to our club for children aged between 5-10yrs, every Thursday during term time, at Ramsey Cricket Club. There are also holiday activities including our very successful summer playscheme – see below for details. For other half-term activities see our Facebook page BOSH Ramsey.
(Please click on images to enlarge)
BOSH is a 2 week holiday play scheme which has run during the summer holidays since 2013 for children of primary school age. The main aim of this scheme is to offer affordable activities to the children of Ramsey Parish.
The scheme is currently held at Ramsey Cricket Club and run in collaboration with Ramsey Neighbourhoods Trust. There are 2 sessions per day – 5-7yrs in the morning and 8-10yrs in the afternoon. The scheme includes a Family Fun Day which is FREE and open to all families).
Here is a glimpse of the fun this year. For more pictures visit the BOSH-Ramsey Facebook page.
Comments from parents about BOSH….
- I’m new to the area and a single dad. It got us out meeting people. I had a quality time with my younger child.
- There’s been loads more going on this holiday, activities that we wouldn’t usually be able to do. It’s been affordable, local and different.
- It’s been brilliant with activities they haven’t done before.
- It’s kept the children off the streets, It was family orientated
- It was nice for him to be somewhere without parents, with friends, that was safe
- Transport is a problem for us, BOSH meant the kids could do stuff they wouldn’t normally be able to do, especially Hunstanton
- My son has not been bored, he has learnt new things.
The Friends of BOSH play scheme (with members of the Ramsey Million Partnership) are helping to fundraise for this year’s scheme, and also future schemes. This year the main funding, like last year is Big Local (lottery) funding. We all know this won’t last forever. It’s important that as a community we can show that people are willing to help out to ensure continuation of this scheme into the future. The lottery money should be seen as a kickstart rather than relied upon until it’s used up. During these early years we felt it was important to employ professional staff who are well trained, can deal with health & safety, child protection, first aid etc. They will also help to develop local people who have an interest in activities for children.
We are also pleased to be running BOSH Youthy for children between the ages of 5 & 11. Come along and join in the fun with our qualified staff and volunteers. The club runs every Thursday during term time at Ramsey Cricket Club.
For further detailsabout all BOSH activities please contact